Jenifer Sherman-Ruppe is a lifelong maker with a tenacious energy and a heart for community. As a Humboldt State University graduate and former art teacher, education and creativity have been constants in her life. A major theme in her artwork is finding ways to reawaken the conversation of how to transform waste into valuable resources. From large mosaic murals to plastic wearable art, Jenifer’s creations challenge and inspire the ways we think about recycled material. PUR Eco-conscious jewelry was created to ignite conversations about plastic waste. Through these conversations, solutions may be born. Wear them and change the world.
PUR Earrings are lightweight, waterproof, and durable.
- Hearts, leaves, ivy, stars, green maple: 1.5" antiqued brass kidney ear wire (butterfly wire is 1")
- Butterfly, turtle, red maple: 1" antiqued brass kidney ear wire (butterfly wire is 1")
- Geometric: .75"
Plastic sources by color:
- Blue, Purple, Yellow, and Orange: prescription-drug bottles or lids
- Green: prescription-drug bottles and lids
- Red: hand-wipe lids or prescription-drug bottles
- Clear: salsa/food container
- Gold: dispensary containers
Style/Color: Use the Style pull-down menu to match product description to image.
Earring Measurements (plastic portion, approximate)
Ear wire adds .75-1.5" to dangle
- Heart: 1″ x 1″
- Butterfly: 1 1/4″ W X 1 1/2″ L (hanging)
- Aspen: 1 1/4″ W x 1 3/8” L
- Ivy: 1 1/4″ W x 1 3/8″ L
- Maple: 1" W X 1" L
- Star: 7/8" X 7/8"
- Turtle: 1.5" W X 1.25" L (hanging)
- Circle: 1.5" diameter
- Rectangle: .75" W X 1.5" L
- Oval: 1" W X 1.5" L
Star pendant purple: 1 1/2" W X 1 3/4" L
Items vary in coloration, but the ones you see here will be those you receive. (Jewelry is hard to photograph! If you would like more photos, with greater detail, please email us.)
If you are interested in pendants in other colors/shapes, please contact us and we can get one made just for you!